WELCOME TO JIM'S AUTISM BLOG





Hi everyone and thanks for visiting our blog. My wife and I created this blog to chronicle our experience while raising a son with Asperger's syndrome. Since our son was diagnosed with an ASD at age 5, we've had a lot of questions. Lucky for us we have a great support network in place. And our blog gives us an opportunity to share what we've learned with our readers. We hope you find our blog informative and interesting. Thanks again for visiting.


"It seems that for success in science and art, a dash of autism is essential." Dr Hans Asperger 1906-1980



Wednesday 12 December 2012

OUR FIRST CHRISTMAS IN OUR NEW HOME

Our tree looks like the blue one on the
right side of this pic.
I can't believe that it's less than 2 weeks until Christmas.  This month has pretty much been a big blur for me here at home.  I haven't had a day off from work since before we moved in, so needless to say, we haven't even started Christmas shopping yet.  Cue the panic.

And when it comes to gift ideas, Jacob is almost impossible to buy for.  When we ask him what he wants for Christmas, he replies "I want what's in the presents that Santa brings me."  It seems funny, but it makes gift buying a little more difficult    And why is it that everyone wants us to pick up something for them to give Jacob.  It's hard enough to find 1 or 2 things to give him, let alone 3 or 4 other things for family members to give.

We're honestly just happy that this Christmas season doesn't have the same sadness attached to it like the past 2.  I think being in the new house is the fresh start that we all needed.  But Jacob often tells us how he misses our old house, but he does love this one.  And he loves that he has a wood door on his room.

There's still a lot of unpacking to do here too.  I know it should be done already, but we're waiting for our entertainment unit to be delivered, hopefully before Christmas day.  And we still need a few other storage solutions for around the house too.  It's just hard to find the time when I work every single day.

But the best thing for us is our new Christmas tree.  In our old house we only had a little 3 foot tree, which was fine.  But now we have a 7 foot tree that's already pre lit.  If only I could find our camera lol, then I would take a picture of it to share.  Oh well.  Maybe this weekend we'll be able to track it down and then I'll get an actual picture of it.

Until then, I hope everyone is calm this holiday shopping season.  And I hope that everyone gets their shopping done before the 24th comes.  But it's looking more and more like that's when we'll be going to the mall.  And it's a good thing I'm already bald, or I'd definitely be pulling my hair out.

2 comments:

  1. I did most of my shopping online but still have some more to do. It's easier now that my son is older and Santa doesn't visit us anymore. We started out with a 3 ft tree years ago and graduated to a 6 ft when my son was about 3 or 4. The pre lit trees are great! I love them! Good luck getting your Christmas shopping done and I'm so glad Jacob is liking the new house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely do shopping online. but it does seem appealing. We actually got some of the shopping done earlier today, but there's still a lot to go. I hope things are going well for you guys too.

      Delete